Prophet of Islam (P.B.U.H)'s Maxims on Knowledge
Prophet of Islam (P.B.U.H)’s Maxims on Knowledge
* Acquire knowledge because he who acquires it in the way of the Lord, performs an act of piety; who speaks of it praises the Lord; who seeks it, adores God; who dispenses instruction in it, bestows alms; and who imparts it to its fitting objects, performs an act of devotion to God.
* To get knowledge is binding upon all Muslims.
* The ink of the scholar’s pen is more holy than the martyr’s blood.
* One who travels in search of knowledge, to him Allah shows the way of Paradise.
* Knowledge enables its possessor to distinguish what is forbidden from what is not; lights the way to Heaven; it is our friend in the desert, our companion in solitude, our companion when bereft of friends; it guides us to happiness; it sustains us in misery; it is our ornament in the company of friends; it serves as an armor against our enemies.
* With knowledge the creatures of Allah rises to the heights of goodness and to noble position, associates with the sovereigns in this world and attains the perfection of happiness in the next.